The Price of Thievery is part of an alternate line of side quests in Chapter 9 of Final Fantasy 7 Remake.
Your task is to investigate who the thieves claiming to be the Angel of the Slums are.
Here’s a walkthrough of The Price of Thievery in FF7 Remake.
How to unlock The Price of Thievery
- During Sam’s dialogue, you need to choose “She’s great at handling the books” when describing Tifa.
- Also, don’t talk to the guy in front of the inn nor the receptionist.
- Ignore the Johnny Discovery Event where you see him running away.
- When flipping the coin with Sam, choose “tails”. We chose “tails” but others may have chosen “heads” and still got the quest.
- Pick the massage ‘Luxury Course’ for 3,000 Gil.
- When Aerith asks about her outfit, we chose “It’s alright” but others who chose “Looks comfortable” also got the quest.
- Finish the Underground Colosseum story matches.
Speak to Mireille
After the colosseum matches, you should see the quest on your map. Go to the stablehand near Chocobo Sam.
You will then see Mireille arguing with the stablehand. Talk to her.
Find the imposters
You’ll be tasked to find the thieves impersonating the Angel of the Slums.
Head to the Collapsed Expressway – Utility Tunnel via the Sector 6 Playground.
You will see the same bandits – Beck and the gang.
Defeat Beck and the rest
You’ll have to take them out.
This time, they have a new member Grungy Bandit. He is much tougher to defeat due to his high HP.
Return to Mireille
To complete the quest, head back to Mireille.
You’ll get a bottle of turbo ether and the real calling card.