A lot of us love to travel and see different parts of the world. Unfortunately, not everyone can afford to travel often but there are budget travels these days. Here are some of the best travel quotes to inspire you for your next vacation.
Some of you may not see the fun in traveling that much, so hopefully this would inspire you to change. There’s so much to see in the world and it will change your life’s perspective when you get back.
Read also: Top 7 Best Travel Strollers To Use During Your Holidays
Best Travel Quotes Today
1. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” ~ Tim Cahill
2. “Work, save, travel, repeat.”
3. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” ~ Gustave Flaubert
4. “To travel is to live” ~ Hans Christian
5. “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.” ~ Anna Quindlen
6. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” ~ Mark Twain
7. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.”
8. “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.” ~ James Michener
9. “If not now, when?”
10. “Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” ~ Seneca
11. “Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.”
12. “If traveling was free, you will never see me.”
This probably applies to most of you! I wish I could afford to travel all around the world and try all kinds of cuisines.
The dream is to able to earn enough blogging to afford traveling a few times a year.
13. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” ~ Helen Keller.
15. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” ~ Dalai Lama
Exactly. Try new countries or even new towns in your country. There’s always something you’ve never seen before.
And that’s what makes it exciting. Not having expectations of any sort can really make your day.
16. “Don’t call it a dream. Call it a plan.”
17. “It feels good to be lost in the right direction.”
18. “If you know where you are going, any road will take you there. Just keep traveling.”
19. “To travel is to take a journey into yourself.”
20. “When in doubt, travel.”
21. “See the world. It is more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” ~ Ray Bradbury
Definitely agree with this. It’s really awesome to experience first-hand, the various cultures around the world.
Money can’t buy such experience unless you take the initiative to leave your comfort zone and travel.
One such experience was seeing Mount Fuji myself. It’s so different from watching it from the television screen or desktop monitor.
Inspirational Travel Quotes 22 – 41
22. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” ~ Henry Miller
23. “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.” ~ Anais Nin
24. “Eat, sleep, travel, repeat.”
25. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” ~ Andre Gide
26. “Dare to live the life you’ve always wanted.”
27. “The most beautiful in the world is, of course, the world itself.” ~ Wallace Stevens
28. “Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.” ~ Roy M. Goodman
29. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” ~ Chief Seattle
30. “Adventure is worthwhile.” ~Aesop
31. “Travel is only glamorous in retrospect.” ~ Paul Theroux
32. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” ~ Lao Tzu
33. “I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” ~ Robert Louis Stevenson
34. “Life is short and the world is huge.”
Most people probably never traveled the world in their lifetime. A small minority do and you’ll notice that they know and experienced a lot.
Talk to your buddies who travel a lot. There’s a lot you can learn from them.
35. “The world is a book. Those who never travel only read the first page.” ~ Augustine
36. “If you think adventures are dangerous, try routine. It’s lethal.” ~ Paul Coelho
37. “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” ~ Freya Stark
38. “To travel is to embrace the unknown.” ~ Clemens
This is why traveling may not be for everyone, although everyone should try it.
Not having expectations or knowing how it will be like can make your travels more fulfilling.
39. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” ~ Marcel Proust
40. “Say yes to new adventures.”
41. “I travel light. I think the most important thing is to be in a good mood and enjoy life, wherever you are.” ~ Diane von Furstenberg
Top Travel Quotes 42 – 61
42. “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” ~Lao Tzu
43. “The best education I have ever received was through travel.” ~ Lisa Ling
44. “Travel defines us as individuals at the end of the day.”
45. “Jobs fill your pockets. Adventures fill your soul.”
Some of us work so that we can afford to travel. Some even do so while traveling.
Money alone won’t make us happy. We need to experience new amazing things for a sense of fulfillment in life.
46. “I would travel only by horse, if I had the choice.” ~ Linda McCartney
47. “The person attempting to travel two roads at once will get nowhere.” ~ Xun Kuang
48. “I love to photograph the gorgeous landscapes when I travel.” ~ Blake Lively
49. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.”
50. “Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.” ~ Benjamin Disraeli
51. “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” ~ David Mitchell
52. “Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.” ~ Izaak Walton
53. “Not all those who wander are lost.” ~JRR Tolkien
54. “Live life with no excuses, travel with no regret” ~ Oscar Wilde
55. “Quit your job and travel full time as a digital nomad.”
56. “Not inspired? Travel.”
57. “Travel and you will discover other places that may well become your home.”
58. “He who would travel happily must travel light.” ~ Antoine de St. Exupery
59. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” ~ Jack Kerouac
60. “The journey is the destination.”
Some people may not agree with this quote. Not everyone enjoys the journey towards the destination.
61. “We fly all across the world only to discover ourselves.”
Best Travel Quotes 62 – 81
62. “The only reason we work is so that we can travel.”
63. “To travel is to leave your comfort zone behind.”
64. “Traveling leaves you speechless.”
More often than not, traveling exposes me to new things that I never knew existed, or even to breathtaking views.
Remind yourself to travel and see the world more, especially when you’re still young and able.
65. “Traveling is not something you’re good at. It’s something you do. Like breathing.”
66. “Oh the places you’ll go.” ~ Dr. Seuss
67. “My goal is to run out of pages in my passport.”
68. “Friends that travel together, stay together.”
69. “Collect moments, not things.”
70. “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.”
71. “Maybe the best moment of your life is on the next big adventure.”
72. “Travel is rebellion in its perfect form.”
73. “I don’t care how long it takes me, but I’m going somewhere beautiful.”
74. “Escape the ordinary.”
Working routine jobs can be very dull and all it does is make you feel like escaping. Traveling is a great way to feel that enthusiasm about life again.
Maybe if work bores you, then you should find something that makes you happy. Why not try travel blogging?
75. “Travel is the healthiest addiction.”
76. “Don’t be scared to travel alone. Don’t be scared to like it.”
77. “People don’t take trips. Trips take people.”
78. “The first condition of understanding a foreign country is to smell it.”
79. “I haven’t been everywhere but it’s on my list.”
80. “Travel brings power and love back to your life.” ~ Rumi
81. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness.”
What are your favorite travel quotes?
Out of the 81 travel quotes listed here, what are your favorites? Or do you have some inspirational quotes that are not listed or some original ones to share?
Do leave a comment below!
Top 6 Best Travel Jackets For All Sorts Of Weather
Calanthe Art Cafe – 13 States’ Coffee Review
5 Fun Things To Do In Akihabara