Animal Crossing New Horizons (ACNH) allows you to time travel whether forward or backward.
That being said, it may not be the best way to enjoy the game, unless you’re into speedrunning.
Here’s what happens when you time travel backwards in Animal Crossing New Horizons (ACNH).
How to time travel backwards
Time traveling is really easy. It can be done in a few steps.
1. Just exit the Animal Crossings game first.
2. Then, head to ‘System Settings’ in your Nintendo Switch homepage. Scroll all the way down to find ‘System’.
3. Inside ‘System’, look for Date and Time.
4. Turn off the ‘Synchronize Clock via Internet’.
5. Click on ‘Date and Time’ at the bottom to change the date manually. Just change it to an earlier date.
6. Start the game again.
What happens if you time travel backwards in ACNH
A few things may happen when you time travel backwards.
1. Things you did in the future will remain. For e.g. if you buy or sell certain items, made some renovations or even redecorated the island, the changes will remain even if you go backwards in time.
2. It’s similar to starting a new day. When you time travel many years backwards, it should still be similar as starting a new day. You will get more weeds and so on.
3. Events that are supposed to be held on the particular date should remain.
4. You can catch fishes and bugs that you may have missed earlier, according to the month and time in which they appear.
5. Your turnips might get rotten.