Hey guys, I recently bought a new smartphone, and it’s none other than the Samsung Galaxy Note 8! First of all, it was pretty amazing, really smooth and the LED view is just brilliant. How about the Note 8 camera? Here’s a short review on the Galaxy Note 8 camera.
Instead of blabbering a lot on how good the features are, I decided to just show you mainly the images taken from this Note 8 camera.
This photo was taken at the Melaka river. The quality seems to be pretty decent.
The Note 8 camera seems to work pretty well in low light as well. I chose the highest resolution and it took pretty big photos, like 3 – 5 mbs each.
It has a dual camera, which makes the photo quality much better. It’s crazy how much phones have become these days. It can even shoot RAW photos, which is previously only for DSLR cameras to do. Of course, it can’t compete with the DSLR’s lenses.
The street was pretty dark but it captured it really well.
The colors aren’t lacking at all.
Photo of a guy playing a keyboard.
Now that you’ve seen the photos taken with the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, what do you think?
Is it good enough for you?
What are some of its features?
- The Galaxy Note 8 camera comes with a 2x optical zoom and dual optical image stabilization. It will enable the camera to produce quality photos even if your hand is shaking a little.
- It has a dual camera. It allows you to focus on where you want and you can also adjust background blur.
- It’s a pretty awesome low light camera, as shown earlier. Even my DSLR doesn’t do this (unless I post-process it). Even when it’s dark, the photos turn out alright.
- Panorama mode.
- 8 megapixels selfie camera and a smart auto-focus.
- Pro mode for white balance adjusting.
- Raw and JPEG mode. You can decide if you want to shoot in RAW or use the regular JPEG mode.
- Different picture sizes. The default mode is 4032 x 3024 which shoots 3 – 5 mb photos. If you want smaller JPEG photos, you can adjust it to smaller sizes.
- The video size goes up to 3840 x 2160 as well.
In a nutshell
The Samsung Note 8 camera is better than my HTC One M8 camera for obvious reasons and it’s much better than I expected it to be. As the camera quality is good, you don’t have to worry if you forgot to bring your DSLR in your travels.
You can still take great quality photos regardless. So far I’m pretty happy that I forked out a big amount of money just to buy this phone.
Thanks for reading!