There are eight guns-for-hire in total that you can unlock in the roster in Far Cry: New Dawn.
Some are unlocked via the main missions while others are from side missions.
Here’s how you can unlock all guns for hire (roster) in Far Cry New Dawn.
1. Carmina Rye
The first gun for hire or character you will unlock in the roster is Carmina Rye.
In fact, she appears in the mission Find Hope, which is actually before Part 1 of the main story.
This character is automatically unlocked as part of the main story.
- Dynamite – she throws 1 stick of dynamite
- Make it a triple – she throws 3 sticks of dynamite in succession
2. Timber the Dog
Next on this list is Timber which is a dog.
You will unlock Timber after you’ve finished the side mission Man Eat Dog World.
- Retriever – Timber will tag enemies, dig materials and fetch a weapon sometimes
- Pointer – Timber will tag materials nearby and also alarms
- Guard dog – Timber will intercept animals that are trying to attack you
3. Pastor Jerome
The next gun-for-hire is Pastor Jerome. He is also a character that you will unlock in a side mission.
The relevant mission is Jerome Comes Home where you have to save him and rescue other men.
- Holy fire – Jerome uses a Molotov cocktail
- Blessed bullets – Jerome uses incendiary ammo
4. The Judge
Another character that you will unlock through the main story is The Judge.
This guy is known for his stealth and he uses bow and arrows.
You will unlock The Judge after you complete the last mission in Part 2: Joseph’s Secret.
- Feral friendly – when the Judge is with you, animals will not attack you unless they are attacked
- Harsh judgement – The Judge shoots 3 arrows simultaneously at one target
5. Gina Guerra
Gina is the lady with the big guns and you will unlock her via a side mission. She is related to Sharky Boshaw.
To unlock her, the relevant side mission is Mo’ Mommies, Mo’ Problems which has a level 3 difficulty.
- Who’s counting – Gina has unlimited ammo
- Overload – She uses explosive ammo
Nana is an old lady who is one of the best snipers in the game.
You will unlock her via a side mission which involves target practice. The relevant mission is Crow’s Feet, Eagle’s Eyes.
She’s a great gun-for-hire when liberating outposts as she typically uses a sniper rifle.
- Silencer – she uses silencers on all her guns
- Smoke monster – Nana can see through smoke
- Piercing gaze – she shoots through cover.
7. Hurk Drubman Jr.
Hurk Jr. is the guy with the big rocket launcher. You will unlock him via a side mission called Days of Blunder.
He is located somewhere east of the map, near a tunnel.
- Fast hands – Hurk reloads faster
- Heat seeker – his RPGs will track air and land vehicles
8. Horatio the Boar
The last character on this list is Horatio which is actually a huge boar.
It’s great for rage attacks against the Highwaymen.
You will unlock Horatio once you’ve completed the side mission To Love A Boar.
- Shield break – Horatio can knock a shield off someone
- Pig’s endurance – when Horatio is down, he gets back on his feet without needing help
- Porcine fury – Horatio destroys everything in its path when it goes on rage.
In a nutshell
There are 8 different guns for hire in this game. Do choose them wisely for your missions and when liberating outposts.