The Undertaker (Mark Calaway) is one of the most well known American wrestlers who rose to fame with the WWF / WWE promotion.
As of 2020, The Undertaker is estimated to have a net worth of $17 million.
The Undertaker Net Worth
|NET WORTH:||$17 MILLION|
|DATE OF BIRTH:||24 MARCH 1965|
|SOURCE OF WEALTH:||WRESTLING|
The Undertaker’s real name is Mark Calaway and he was born on the 24th of March 1965 in Houston, Texas. His mother is Betty Catherine Truby and his late father is Frank Compton Calaway.
He schooled in Waltrip High School and was a member of the basketball and football teams.
In 1983, he then attended Angelina College in Lufkin, Texas and had a basketball scholarship.
Two years later, he joined the Texas Wesleyan University in Forth Worth, and majored in sport management. He also played basketball as a center for the Rams in 1985.
Calaway dropped out of university in 1986 to focus on professional basketball, but later changed his mind towards pro wrestling.
The Undertaker’s career began around 1987 when he started his training under Buzz Sawyer. His debut match was in 1987 for World Class Championship Wrestling (WCCW). He was accompanied by Paul Bearer to the ring.
In 1988, he then joined the CWA (which is now part of the USWA). The next year, he was introduced as The Master of Pain. He challenged the USWA champion Jerry Lawler and easily dominated him. In April the same year, Calaway won his first pro wrestling championship.
He then joined WCW in 1989 and took the name Mean Mark Callous. It didn’t last long as he then signed with World Wrestling Federation (WWF) in 1990.
In WWF, his name was changed to The Undertaker, and it stuck with him until today. The persona is horror-themed and portrayed supernatural links. He was one of the top figures during the Attitude Era, alongside Dwayne The Rock Johnson and Stone Cold Steve Austin.
In the early 2000s, The Undertaker’s character changed into a biker persona instead but was later re-changed back into his previous persona few years later.
The Undertaker is well known for The Streak, meaning he held 21 consecutive victories at WrestleMania, but his streak has been broken.
During his time with the WWF / WWE, he has won so many championships, including the WWF/E Championship four times, the World Heavyweight Championship three times and the WWF World Tag Team Championship six times.
He is also one of the top pay-per-view performers in WWE history, just behind Kane, his storyline brother.
Calaway also appeared in television shows like Downtown, Poltergeist: The Legacy and America’s Most Wanted. He also had acting roles in films like Suburban Commando.
As one of the top wrestlers in the WWF/E, he had appeared in many video games released by the company since 1992.
Below are some of the highlights in The Undertaker’s career.
- He has been featured multiple times in PWI magazine including for Match of the Year, Feud of the Year and Comeback of the Year.
- He has won many championships under different promotions, including the WCW Tag team Championship, World Heavyweight Championship and the WWF/E Championship.
- The Undertaker holds the streak of 21 consecutive wins in WrestleMania, beating even Bret Hart.
Interesting Facts about The Undertaker
Here are some cool facts on The Undertaker.
- He once practiced Brazilian jiu-jitsu and got a black belt back in 2011.
- Calaway also invested in real estate with his business partner, including a $2.7 million building in Colorado.
- He and his ex-wife established a fund to save animals at the Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences. It is to pay for lifesaving treatments for large breed dogs.
- Big Show named The Undertaker as the greatest wrestler of all time.
- He was also Vince McMahon’s favorite wrestler.
What contributed to The Undertaker’s net worth
The Undertaker’s net worth is mainly attributed to his many successful years in wrestling, especially with WWF and WWE. He also headlined many pay-per-view events in the WWE.
As of 2020, his net worth is estimated to be around $17 million.
Source: Wikipedia, Celebrity Net Worth