Shawn Mendes is believed to have a net worth of at least $22 million as of 2020. He even had a pre-tax income of $38 million in between June 2018 and June 2019.
He is well known as a singer, regularly releasing number one hits around the world.
|NET WORTH:||$22 MILLION|
|DATE OF BIRTH:||8 AUGUST 1998|
|PROFESSION:||SINGER, SONGWRITER, RECORD PRODUCER|
|SOURCE OF WEALTH:||MUSIC, SPONSORSHIP|
Shawn was born in Ontario, Canada on the 8th of August, 1998. His mother is Karen, a real estate agent and his father Manuel is a businessman who sells restaurant and bar supplies.
Shawn also has a younger sister Aaliyah, and they were raised in a religious family.
He was raised in Pickering where he schooled in Pine Ridge Secondary School. Shawn was active in soccer, ice hockey and even in the glee club.
Shawn Mendes has had a pretty successful career in music so far, and his momentum doesn’t seem to be stopping yet. He rose to fame in 2013 when he covered Justin Bieber’s song As Long As You Love Me and uploaded it on Vine.
In a short time, he gained millions of views and followers. Due to his popularity and being the third most followed musician on the platform, he was scouted by Andrew Gertler. Shawn then signed with Island Records in 2014.
In the same year, he even won Ryan Seacrest’s Best Cover Song contest with Say Something.
His debut single Life of the Party was released in June, 2014. He then became the youngest to debut in the top 25 of the Billboard Hot 100 (US).
Mendes’ first album was then released in 2015, titled Handwritten. It debuted at the top of the Billboard 200 chart, selling over 100k copies in the first week.
One of his songs Stitches from the same album managed to peak at no.4 of the US Billboard Hot 100, meaning it was Mendes’ first time having a top 10 single in the US.
In 2015, he also released a single with Camila Cabello, named I Know What You Did Last Summer. He also received lots of recognition by Time’s The 30 Most Influential Teens of 2015.
Shawn made his acting debut in 2016, in the show The 100.
Since 2016 until now, Shawn has managed to release multiple singles that are chart-topping, including Treat You Better, There’s Nothing Holding Me Back, If I Can’t Have You and even Senorita (with Camila Cabello).
Shawn Mendes has had many highlights in his career. Below are just a few of them.
- He has had many singles performing really well, hitting the no.1 spot on many platforms including Billboard.
- Brand ambassador of Empori Armani’s Fall Winter 2018-2019 watch collection and also Calvin Klein’s #MyCalvins campaign.
- He has won many awards, including 11 MTV EMA, 13 SOCAN awards, 8 iHeartRadio MMVA, 8 Juno Awards, 3 BMI Awards, 3 AMAs, 2 MTV Video Music Awards and was also nominated for 3 Grammy Awards.
- Shawn has also participated in both films and TV shows including Saturday Night Live.
- He has had sold out world tour concerts.
Interesting Facts on Shawn Mendes
Below are some interesting facts on Mendes.
- Contrary to what people might think, he’s actually Canadian.
- He became popular from the video-sharing app Vine.
- Ed Sheeran flew Shawn to LA for dinner after seeing Shawn’s videos.
- He has an allergic reaction to mosquitoes.
- Shawn learnt to play the guitar by himself at 13 years old by watching YouTube videos.
What contributed to Shawn’s net worth?
His wealth is from multiple sources. Below is just a few of them.
- Album sales
- YouTube ads on his music videos
- Brand sponsorship / ambassadorship
- Concert sales
Shawn is a great inspiration and living example that being successful in a short time is very possible.
As of 2020, Mendes’ net worth is estimated at $22 million.
Source: Forbes, Wikipedia, Celebrity Net Worth