Melissa Rauch is an American actress who is best known for playing Bernadette in the sitcom The Big Bang Theory. She was even nominated for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series by the Critics’ Choice Television Award for that role.
As of 2020, Melissa Rauch is estimated to have a net worth of $8 million.
|NET WORTH:||$8 MILLION|
|DATE OF BIRTH:||23 JUNE 1980|
|SOURCE OF WEALTH:||ACTING|
Melissa Ivy Rauch was born on the 23rd of June, 1980 in the Marlboro Township of New Jersey.
She schooled in Marlboro High School and during her schooling days, she already had an interest in acting.
Melissa then went to the Marymount Manhattan College in NYC and graduated in 2002.
Melissa began her work as a regular contributor to Best Week Ever under VH1.
Her breakthrough role came in 2009, when she played as Bernadette in the sitcom The Big Bang Theory. In the show, she played as Howard’s love interest. In season five, their characters were married to each other.
Apart from The Big Bang Theory, Melissa also appeared in other shows like True Blood, The Office, Kath & Kim, I Love You, Man and Wright v Wrong.
She also took part in the comedic stage show The Realest Real Housewives which started in 2011.
Apart from just acting, Melissa was also the co-writer and co-producer of the movie The Bronze. She also acted in this movie as a gymnast. The movie was acquired by Sony Pictures Classics in 2015.
In 2017, Melissa also voiced two characters, i.e. Harley Quinn in the animation Batman and Harley Quinn and Light Thief in Blaze and the Monster Machines.
Below are some of the highlights of Melissa Rauch’s career.
- She has acted and voice acted in many movies including The Bronze, Ice Age: Collision Course and The Laundromat.
- Melissa has been nominated in the Critics’ Choice Television Award for her role as Bernadette in The Big Bang Theory.
Interesting Facts on Melissa Rauch
Here are some interesting facts on Melissa Rauch.
- She had small recurring roles in 6 episodes of HBO’s True Blood and played the character Summer.
- Melissa’s voice as Bernadette was inspired by her own mother’s voice.
- Her favorite superhero as a child was Wonder Woman.
- Melissa is married to Winston Rauch, a writer who she met back in college. They have had a few collaborations together.
- Melissa was initially in The Big Bang Theory as a one-time thing but she managed to become a regular on the show.
What contributed to Melissa Rauch’s net worth
Melissa Rauch’s net worth can be attributed to the movies and shows that she has done.
That said, majority of her wealth is probably from The Big Bang Theory. She was earning about $200,000 per episode towards the end. However, her co-workers took pay cuts to raise her salary (and Mayim’s) to close to $500,000 per episode towards the final seasons.
As of 2020, Rauch’s net worth is estimated to be around $8 million.
Source: Wikipedia, Celebrity Net Worth