Maisie Williams is an English actress who is best known for her role Arya in HBO’s Game of Thrones, one of the biggest shows on television.
She is estimated to be worth around $6 million.
Maisie Williams’ Net Worth
|NET WORTH:||$6 MILLION|
|AGE:||23 (15 APRIL 1997)|
|SOURCE OF WEALTH:||TELEVISION, MOVIES|
Maisie Williams (birth name Margaret Constance Williams) was born on the 15th of April 1997 in Bristol. Her mother is a former university course administrator.
She was raised in Somerset and has three other siblings. She was called Maisie since she was young, which is a nickname from the comic strip The Perishers.
Maisie schooled at the Clutton Primary School and Norton Hill School. She then attended the Bath Dance College.
Her acting career began with one of the biggest TV series in history, Game of Thrones. She was only 14 and was cast as Arya Stark on the show, beating out 300 other actresses. She acted alongside Jack Gleeson, Sophie Turner, Rose Leslie, Nathalie Emmanuel, Nikolaj, Richard Madden, Kit Harington and Natalie Dormer on the show.
Apart from the TV series, Maisie also acted in other shows and films. In 2012, she appeared in The Secret of Crickley Hall, Heatstroke and Up On The Roof.
She continued to act in mostly British shows / films including The Falling, Gold, Cyberbully and even a couple of episodes of Doctor Who.
She is also set to star in The New Mutants but the screening was pushed back.
Apart from acting, Maisie also has a company with Bill Milner and Dom Santry named Daisy Chain Productions. They launched a new iOS app called Daisie.
Here are some of the highlights of her career.
- She has received many award nominations over the years including at the SAG Awards, SFX Awards, EWwy Awards, London Film Critics’ Circle Awards and Primetime Emmy Awards.
- She won several of them including Best Performance by a Young Actor in a Television Series at the Saturn Awards and Best Drama Supporting Actress at the Gold Derby TV Awards.
- Maisie apparently auditioned for a role in Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang but didn’t get the role as she looked too young.
- She almost did not attend the audition for Game of Thrones because it interfered with a local pig farm class trip.
- She is also an advocate for women’s rights.
What contributed to Maisie Williams’ wealth
Maisie Williams’ wealth can be attributed to her success on Game of Thrones especially, apart from the other movie and television roles she’s received.