Lewis Capaldi is a Scottish singer-songwriter and he is best known for his song Someone You Loved. His song topped both the UK and US charts.
What is Lewis Capaldi’s net worth in 2020?
Lewis Capaldi’s Net Worth
|NET WORTH:||OVER $200|
|DATE OF BIRTH:||7 OCTOBER 1996|
|SOURCE OF WEALTH:||MUSIC|
Lewis Capaldi started his career in music by the age of 9, and he even tried out drums and guitar when he was only two years old. Capaldi is of both Italian and Scottish ancestry.
When he reached 17, he was committed in pursuing music and was discovered by his manager through an iPhone recording that he uploaded on SoundCloud.
Lewis released Bloom EP in 2017 which he worked with producer Malay. In March that year, he released his song Bruises that gained around 28 million Spotify plays.
Lewis then signed to Universal Music Group and his songs are distributed by Virgin EMI Records and Capital Record in other countries.
Lewis Capaldi’s career recognition started sometime in 2017 and was the Artist to Watch for 2018 by VEVO. Other artists like James Bay, Ellie Goulding, Chloe Grace Moretz and Niall Horan of One Direction noticed his songs.
Niall Horan invited him to go on the Flicker World Tour at the Glasgow SEC Armadillo. In 2018, Lewis then joined Sam Smith on his tour for 19 dates.
In the same year, Lewis was already named one of two acts in BBC Radio 1’s Brit List. Lewis continued to perform in many festivals including in Lollapalooza, Firefly, Mountain Jam and so on.
He later released his second EP Breach which included singles Tough, Grace and Someone You Loved. His song Someone You Loved became extremely successful, charting in over 29 countries. It was also the number hit in the UK Singles Chart for seven weeks.
In May 2019, Lewis released his debut album Divinely Uninspired to a Hellish Extent, and it topped the UK charts for six weeks.
Lewis made history by being the first artist to sell out an arena tour before he made a debut album. In 2019, his hit single also reached the top of Billboard Hot 100 and was nominated for both the Grammy Awards and Brit Awards.
Here are some of the highlights of his career.
- Lewis has been nominated for many awards, including Scottish Music Awards, Brit Awards, MTV, Global Awards and Grammy Awards.
- He has won some of these awards, including Song of the Year in the Brit Awards and Best Breakthrough Artist Award in the Scottish Music Awards.
- His song Someone You Loved topped the charts in both the UK and US.
Interesting Facts about Lewis
- He once saw an article claiming he has a net worth of $10 million and made a funny video on social media that he only has $200 in his bank account.
- Lewis’ Ryan Walter discovered him when he was only 17.
- He regularly keeps his Twitter and Facebook accounts updated so that fans can engage with him.
What contributed to Lewis Capaldi’s wealth
Lewis Capaldi definitely has a net worth of over $200 despite him claiming he only has that amount in his bank account.
Considering his sold-out tour and album sales, he should be making a lot of money real soon.
As of 2020, his net worth is still unknown.
Ref: Wikipedia, Capital FM