Karl Urban is an actor from New Zealand. He is best known for his roles in Xena: Warrior Princess, The Lord of the Rings and Riddick.
Today, he has an estimated net worth of $20 million.
Karl Urban Net Worth
|NET WORTH:||$20 MILLION|
|AGE:||48 (7 JUNE 1972)|
|SOURCE OF WEALTH:||MOVIES, TELEVISION|
Karl Urban was born on the 7th of June 1972 in Wellington, New Zealand. His father used to run a leather goods store while his mother worked for Film Facilities.
He schooled at the St. Mark’s Church School. Karl later attended Wellington College and then enrolled at the Victoria University of Wellington but left a year later to go into acting.
He started his acting career with New Zealand shows. Karl was first seen in Hercules: The Legendary Journeys. He then acted in Xena: Warrior Princess.
His first Hollywood role was with the ghost movie Ghost Ship. He then had a big role as Eomer in The Lord of the Rings trilogy (The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King).
Here are some of the highlights of his career.
- Karl Urban has acted in many huge movies and TV shows over the years including The Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Riddick, Dredd and Xena: Warrior Princess.
- He won the Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture at the SAG Awards.
- Despite being from New Zealand, he has become really successful in the US.
- Karl Urban did some voice acting for the video game Star Trek in 2013.
- He was married to Natalie Wihongi and they had two sons together but later separated.
- He is an ambassador of KidsCan, a charity that supports disadvantaged kids in New Zealand.
What contributed to Karl Urban’s wealth
Karl Urban’s wealth can be attributed to his success on both movies and television shows over the years, as he had acted in a number of box office successes.