Jennifer Lawrence is an American actress who is best known for her roles in the Hunger Games series and X-Men.
As of 2020, Jennifer Lawrence has an estimated net worth of $130 million.
Jennifer Lawrence Net Worth
|NET WORTH:||$130 MILLION|
|DATE OF BIRTH:||15 AUGUST 1990|
|SOURCE OF WEALTH:||MOVIES, TELEVISION|
Jennifer Lawrence was born in Indian Hills, Kentucky on the 15th of August 1990. Her father was a construction worker and her mother was a summer camp manager. She schooled at Kammerer Middle School.
In school, Jennifer was active in all sorts of activities including, cheerleading, field hockey, basketball, softball and even horseback riding. She injured herself after falling off a horse.
When she turned 14, she was spotted by a talent scout during a family vacation in NYC. Her mother was not keen for her to be in acting, but eventually Jennifer signed with CESD Talent Agency.
She dropped out of school at 14 as she focused on her acting career, despite her mother wanting her to try modeling instead.
Jennifer Lawrence’s acting debut came in 2006 when she acted in the unaired pilot Company Town. She also guested in shows like Monk and Medium. Jennifer was then cast as a regular on The Bill Engvall Show and it ran for three seasons. She won the Young Artist Award for the show.
In 2008, she debuted in the film Garden Party and later appeared in The Burning Plain. She also starred in the drama The Poker House.
In 2010, Jennifer Lawrence had her breakthrough in Winter’s Bone, where she portrayed a teenager living in poverty. She gained a lot of praises from critics. She was also awarded the National Board of Review Award for Breakthrough Performance at the Sundance Film Festival. Additionally, Jennifer received a nomination at the Academy Award for Best Actress.
From then on, she continued to act in many movies, including Like Crazy, The Beaver and X-Men: First Class. Her popularity later exploded when she played Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games (with Josh Hutcherson and Amandla Stenberg)
The film was the top grossing film featuring a female lead at the time, making her the highest grossing action heroine. She became really well known since Hunger Games.
Jennifer continued to act in more movies including Silver Linings Playbook (with Bradley Cooper), which she won the Golden Globe and Oscars (Academy Award) for Best Actress. She was the second youngest Best Actress winner.
She continued to act in the Hunger Games sequels as Katniss. Jennifer Lawrence also acted in the movies American Hustle (with Christian Bale, Jeremy Renner and Amy Adams), Serena, X-Men: Days of Future Past, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men: Apocalypse, Passengers, Dark Phoenix and even Red Sparrow.
Here are some of the highlights of Lawrence’s career.
- She has been nominated at least 174 times for various awards throughout the years, including the Academy Award, BAFTA Award, Golden Globes and SAG Awards.
- Jennifer won at least 114 awards, including in the Academy Award, Golden Globes, BAFTA, SAG, Critics’ Choice Awards and People’s Choice Awards.
- She was named in Time’s 100 most influential people in the world back in 2013.
- Jennifer was also the world’s highest paid actress back in 2015 and 2016.
Interesting Facts about Jennifer
- She is known as an outspoken feminist and an advocate for Planned Parenthood.
- She is currently married to Cooke Maroney, an art gallery director.
- Jennifer is also charitable. She has supported the World Food Programme and Feeding America, among others.
- She has appeared in the list of sexiest / most beautiful women in FHM, People and Maxim.
What contributed to Jennifer Lawrence’s wealth
Jennifer Lawrence’s wealth can be attributed mainly to her success in acting. She has acted in many commercially successful movies including Hunger Games and X-Men. She was also the highest paid actress two years in a row.
As of 2020, Jennifer is estimated to be worth around $130 million.
Ref: Wikipedia, Celebrity Net Worth