Jared Padalecki is an American actor who is best known as Sam Winchester in the TV series Supernatural.
As of today, he has an estimated net worth of $12 million.
Jared Padalecki’s Net Worth
|NET WORTH:||$12 MILLION|
|AGE:||38 (19 JULY 1982)|
|SOURCE OF WEALTH:||TELEVISION, MOVIES|
Jared Padalecki was born on the 19th of July 1982 in San Antonio, Texas. He is of Polish, German, Scottish, English and French descent.
He initially wanted to attend the University of Texas after high school but changed his plan to move to California instead, for his acting career.
Jared’s career began after he won a Claim to Fame Contest where he appeared at the Teen Choice Awards. He met an agent during the awards show. The next year, he appeared in Gilmore Girls as Dean Forester and left the show in 2005.
He also did a few made-for-television movies like A Ring of Endless Light and Silent Witness. Jared then got a small role in Cheaper by the Dozen, alongside Tom Welling, Steve Martin and Hilary Duff. He also acted with Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen in New York Minute.
Jared Padalecki continued to get roles in House of Wax (with Paris Hilton), Flight of the Phoenix and Cry Wolf. In 2005, he had his breakthrough when he was cast as Sam Winchester on the series Supernatural, alongside Jensen Ackles. The show continued for over 14 seasons.
Apart from Supernatural, Jared also got roles in The Christmas Cottage, Friday the 13th and the reboot of Walker, Texas Ranger.
Here are some of the highlights of his career.
- He has been nominated for several awards over the years including at the People’s Choice Awards, Teen Choice Awards and SFX Awards.
- Jared also won a couple of them including Best Male Performance in a 2007 Science Fiction Television Episode at the Constellation Awards and Choice TV Actor Fantasy/Sci-Fi at the Teen Choice Awards, among others.
- His role as Sam Winchester is one of the most well known roles on television.
- Jared is known to be an animal lover and dogs are his favorite.
- He was initially one of the favorites for playing Clark Kent in the reboot of Superman but it was scrapped. Henry Cavill took the role in a different version of it (Man of Steel).
- He also struggled with depression during one of the seasons of Supernatural.
What contributed to Jared Padalecki’s wealth
Jared Padalecki’s wealth can be attributed to his success on television and movies, particularly on the TV series Supernatural.