James McAvoy is a Scottish actor who is best known for movies like The Chronicles of Narnia, Wanted, X-Men: First Class, Split and Glass.
Today, he is estimated to have a net worth of $17 million.
James McAvoy’s Net Worth
|NET WORTH:||$17 MILLION|
|AGE:||41 (21 APRIL 1979)|
|SOURCE OF WEALTH:||MOVIES, TELEVISION|
James McAvoy was born on the 21st of April 1979 in Glasgow, Scotland. He was raised as a Catholic as a kid. His parents however split up when he was really young.
James schooled at the St. Thomas Aquinas Secondary School in Jordanhill. He initially considered to become a priest as a kid due to the prospect of exploring the world through missionary work.
James McAvoy made his debut in acting when he was 15, when he appeared in The Near Room. He continued to act in Privates on Parade, Band of Brothers (with Tom Hanks), Wimbledon (with Kirsten Dunst) and Inside I’m Dancing.
He became more well known after he acted in The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, as Mr Tumnus. It was one of his highest grossing films. James continued to get roles in Starter for 10 and The Last King of Scotland.
McAvoy became more popular as an actor and starred in Becoming Jane, Penelope and Atonement (with Keira Knightley). From 2008 onward, he only gained in popularity.
James starred with Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman in the hit movie Wanted in 2008 and it was a box office success. He continued to get roles in The Last Station, X-Men: First Class (with Michael Fassbender, Sophie Turner and Jennifer Lawrence), Trance, Filth, X-Men: Days of Future Past, X-Men: Apocalypse, Split, Glass (with Samuel L. Jackson), It Chapter Two and Dark Phoenix.
Here are some of the highlights of his career.
- James has been nominated for many awards over the years including the BAFTA Awards, British Independent Film Awards, Teen Choice Awards and Satellite Awards.
- He has also won several awards including Best Villain at the Seattle Film Critics Society and British Actor of the Year at the London Critics Circle Film Awards.
- James has also starred in many box office successes.
- He actually broke his hand when he was filming the movie Split, and concealed the injury for a few days.
- James’ favorite film is apparently The Goonies.
- He also didn’t know that the movie he filmed, Split, was a sequel to Bruce Willis’ Unbreakable at first.
What contributed to James McAvoy’s wealth
James McAvoy’s wealth can be attributed to his success in mostly movies, such as the X-Men series. Today, he is worth around $17 million.