Eminem is believed to have a net worth of $230 million in the year 2020 that made him the seventh wealthiest rapper of the world.
He is a well known American rapper, record producer, songwriter, and actor. Eminem rapped about sex, violence, hatred, depression, and the related subjects.
He’s one of the highest-paid entertainers and earned $20 million in the single year of 2019.
Eminem’s Net Worth
|NET WORTH:||$230 MILLION|
|DATE OF BIRTH:||17 OCTOBER 1972|
|PROFESSION:||RAPPER, SONGWRITER, ACTOR|
|SOURCE OF WEALTH:||MUSIC AND ACTING|
Marshall Bruce Mathers lll Eminem was born on 17 Oct 1972 in Missouri, and he spent his youth in Missouri with his mom before moving to Michigan.
His father and mom were actually in a band known as Daddy Warbucks that performed in Ramada Inn. In his teenage years, Marshall was a loner kid and was bullied mostly at school.
Eminem wanted to cherish his dream to become a comic book artist, but he changed his plan after hearing the first rap song Reckless – Featuring Ice-T. He was dropped from high school at the age of 17 and started working hard to support his family.
Eminem and his girlfriend Kim Scott fell in love with each other, and they share a daughter named Hailie Scott in 1995.
At the same time, he began writing songs and participated in freestyle rap shows in town.
Gradually Eminem gained respect from the local Detriot area. He joined the Bassmint production group and recorded music with Mashin Duck Records.
During all phases, Eminem didn’t give up his job as a cook or dishwasher (because his father has abandoned his family in Eminem’s childhood).
Through a Web Entertainment Record Company, he released his first album “Infinite” in 1996.
In 1997, he released his second album in the name of ” the Slim Shady EP” again through Web Entertainment Record company. To polish the Slim Shady EP, he signed a contract with Aftermath Entertainment, owned by Dr. Dre.
The album earned a status of the best rap album. Marshall released another monster album in 2000 in the name of “The Marshall Mathers LP.”
More than 21 million copies were sold of the Marshall Mathers LP.
His next success appeared in 2002s through The Eminem Show, more than 27 million copies were sold.
Eminem’s success story does not stop there; he has earned the status of the ninth best-selling artist in history, behind Madonna, Rihanna, and Michael Jackson, etc. He is also one of the richest rappers of all time.
Eminem has had many highlights in his career. Let’s discuss some of them.
- Eminem has won 15 Grammy Awards, 8 American Music Awards, and 17 Billboard Awards.
- He got an Academy Award for the best song, “Lose Yourself.”
- 8 Mile was the most successful movie that made Eminem a more prominent rapper in the world.
- He made a cameo appearance in a television series Entourage in 2010.
- The Eminem Show, Lose Yourself, Not Afraid, and Love The Way You Lie are all certified diamond by the Recording Industry Association Of America.
- Rolling Stone added Eminem in the list of 100 Greatest Artists Of All Time.
- Eminem established a charity foundation, Marshall Mathers Foundation, to assist disadvantaged youth.
Interesting Facts About Eminem
- Eminem did not shy about voicing his distaste about his current president Trump in these lines “But we better give Obama props; Cause what we got in office now’s a kamikaze; That’ll probably cause a nuclear holocaust” in 2017.
- The name Eminem came from his initials M(arshall) M(athers).
- Eminem is the only white rapper to ever be on the cover of “The Source” and “XXL” magazines.
- It was a dream of Marshall Mathers to become a comic writer in his childhood.
- He failed three times in 9th grade and finally dropped out of school. Rap is everything for him.
- Eminem got criticism from the gay community over his “homophobic” lyrics.
- Eminem has different names; for instance, he said Slim Shady is the name of his anger, and Marshall Mathers is all about who he is at the end of the day.
- He is a big fan of LL Cool J, and the only book he read more than once is LL’s “Make My Own Rules.”
- His album “The Marshall Mathers LP” beat Britney Spear’s “Baby One More Time” and sold 1.7 million copies in the first week.
- Eminem’s song “Lose Yourself” won the Oscar Award, but he was not in attendance. His song co-writer received the Oscar Award on his behalf.
What contributed to Eminem’s net worth
Eminem’s net worth can be attributed to mainly his music. He has had many successful albums, singles and even concerts throughout the years.
Majority of his income was from his concert tours. He also had his own record label and makes money from other music artists signed to his label. Even 50 Cent was in his label for over a decade.
Eminem also had a successful movie – 8 Mile (with Anthony Mackie) back then.
As of 2020, Eminem is estimated to have a net worth of $230 million.
Source: Wikipedia, Celebrity Net Worth