Cobie Smulders is a Canadian actress and model. She is best known for her role as Robin in How I Met Your Mother and as Maria Hill in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
As of 2020, Cobie Smulders is estimated to have a net worth of $18 million.
Cobie Smulders’ Net Worth
|NET WORTH:||$18 MILLION|
|DATE OF BIRTH:||3 APRIL 1982|
|SOURCE OF WEALTH:||TELEVISION, MOVIES|
Cobie Smulders was born on the 3rd of April 1982 in Vancouver, British Columbia. Her father is Dutch and her mother is British.
She initially worked in the modelling industry but she kind of hated it later. When she was younger, she wanted to become a marine biologist, but finally transitioned into an actress.
Cobie first acted in the series Jeremiah as a guest actress and later appeared on other television series including The L Word. Her first starring role was in Veritas: The Quest which only lasted for a season.
Cobie Smulders’ breakthrough came when she was cast as Robin Scherbatsky on the sitcom How I Met Your Mother in 2005. Her co-stars included Neil Patrick Harris, Josh Radnor, Alyson Hannigan and Jason Segel.
In 2012, she was cast as Maria Hill in The Avengers, which was a huge box office success. Cobie Smulders has since reprised her role in the movies Captain America: Winter Soldier, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Infinity War, Endgame and Spider-Man: Far From Home. Endgame became the highest grossing film in history.
Cobie acted alongside her co-stars including Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Benedict Cumberbatch, Scarlett Johansson, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, Tom Hiddleston, Samuel L Jackson, Paul Bettany, Zoe Saldana, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Holland, Gwyneth Paltrow, Paul Rudd, Brie Larson, Sebastian Stan, Elizabeth Olsen, Bradley Cooper, Don Cheadle, Chris Pratt, Josh Brolin, Chadwick Bose, Anthony Mackie, Dave Bautista and Vin Diesel.
Apart from that, she also appeared in the series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Cobie also did voice acting in the animation The Lego Movie as Wonder Woman.
Apart from Marvel, she also acted in other movies like Safe Haven, Delivery Man (with Vince Vaughn), They Came Together, The Intervention, A Series of Unfortunate Events and Jack Reacher: Never Go Back with Tom Cruise.
Here are some of the highlights of her career.
- She has been nominated for several awards over the years including People’s Choice Award and Theatre World Award.
- Cobie also won the Best Supporting Actress – Comedy by the Entertainment Weekly Award.
- Her show How I Met Your Mother was one of the most popular sitcoms and won many awards over the years.
- She also acted in Avengers: Endgame which was the top grossing movie of all time, beating Avatar.
Interesting Facts about Cobie
- Cobie is from Canada and she is fluent in French.
- She apparently was not the main choice for the role Robin Scherbatsky in HIMYM but Jennifer Love Hewitt turned down the role.
- Cobie Smulder first appeared in a minor role in Dwayne Johnson’s Walking Tall back in 2004.
What contributed to Cobie Smulder’s wealth
Cobie Smulders’ wealth can be attributed to her success on television and in movies. Her role as Robin Scherbatsky in HIMYM landed her six figures per episode towards the end.
Apart from that, she also played as Maria Hill in the Marvel movies.
As of 2020, she is estimated to be worth around $18 million.
Ref: Wikipedia, Celebrity Net Worth