Charles Dance is an English actor, director and screenwriter. He has acted in many movies and television shows over the years. He is most well known as Tywin Lannister in Game of Thrones.
Today, he has an estimated net worth of $5 million.
Charles Dance Net Worth
|NET WORTH:||$5 MILLION|
|AGE:||74 (10 OCTOBER 1946)|
|SOURCE OF WEALTH:||MOVIES, TELEVISION|
Charles Dance was born on the 10th of October 1946 in Redditch, Worcestershire. His mother was a cook and his father was an electrical engineer.
His father passed on very early when he was only 3 years old.
Charles schooled at the Widey Technical School for Boys, and later went to the Plymouth College of Art and De Montfort University.
Charles Dance has had a long career. He started out sometime in the 1970s. He joined the Royal Shakespeare Company during the time and starred in their productions.
His television debut was in 1974 with the series Father Brown. In 1981, he starred in James Bond’s For Your Eyes Only as the villain Claus.
Since then, he has acted in many British dramas including Edward the Seventh, Murder Rooms, Rebecca, The Phantom of the Opera, Bleak House and Finger Smith.
In more recent years, Charles Dance acted in Merlin, Jam & Jerusalem, Paris Connections and Terry Pratchett’s Going Postal. His most well known role at the moment is playing Tywin Lannister in HBO’s Game of Thrones. During the show, he acted alongside Richard Madden, Jack Gleeson, Kit Harington, Sophie Turner and many others.
His most recent roles include playing as the villain in Godzilla: King of the Monsters alongside Stranger Things‘ Millie Bobby Brown and in the series titled The Crown.
Here are some of the highlights of his career.
- Charles has acted in so many movies and television shows over the span of 40 years, including Mission: Impossible, James Bond, Game of Thrones and Alien 3.
- He was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire in 2006.
- He has been nominated for several awards including at the Primetime Emmy Awards, BAFTA TV Awards and SAG Awards.
- Charles won a few awards including Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series at the SAG Awards.
- He voice acted in popular video games as well, including as Emperor Emhyr var Emreis in one of the biggest games of all time; The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
- Charles enjoys swimming and cricket.
- He is not only an actor but also a director, and directed Ladies in Lavender back in 2004.
What contributed to Charles Dance’s wealth
Charles Dance’s wealth can be attributed to his long line of roles in both television shows and movies over the many years. He also had a few big roles in recent years that probably paid pretty well.