Bret Hart is best known to be one of the greatest professional wrestlers of all time. He has since retired, and has also involved himself with writing, acting and television.
As of 2020, Bret Hart has an estimated net worth of $7 million.
Bret Hart Net Worth
|NET WORTH:||$7 MILLION|
|DATE OF BIRTH:||2 JULY 1957|
|NATIONALITY:||AMERICAN & CANADIAN|
|PROFESSION:||EX-WRESTLER, ACTOR, AUTHOR|
|SOURCE OF WEALTH:||WRESTLING|
Bret Hart was born on the 2nd of July 1957 in Calgary, Alberta (Canada). He was born into a wrestling family and was the eighth child.
Bret is of mixed descent, as his maternal grandmother was Greek and his maternal grandfather was Irish. His father also had a Scots-Irish descent.
Unlike most people, Bret Hart is a dual citizen of the US and Canada. He spent most of his childhood in the family mansion.
Bret’s introduction to wrestling began very early as he witnessed his father training wrestlers. The mansion’s basement was a training room.
His debut work in the wrestling industry was pulling out lucky numbers from a box during the intermission at Stampede Wrestling shows. He was only 4 years old at the time.
Bret Hart initially joined as a referee in his father’s promotion Stampede Wrestling in 1976. His debut inside the ring only came in 1978.
Bret Hart received success sometime in between the 80s and the 90s where he won many titles with the World Wrestling Federation (WWF). He was the leader of The Hart Foundation group.
He stayed at WCW until he left again in the year 2000. Bret was inactive after he had a concussion in 1999 and officially retired in the year 2000.
He however had sporadic appearances with the WWE and won his final championship in the 2010 SummerSlam event. He also served as the general manager of WWE Raw.
Bret Hart has 32 total championships in his career, 17 between WCW and WWF/E. His titles included winning the WWF World Heavyweight Championship 5 times and the WCW World Heavyweight Championship twice.
In 2019, he again was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame as member of The Hart Foundation.
Apart from wrestling, Bret Hart also appeared on movies and television. He was seen in The Simpsons, Honey I Shrunk The Kids TV series and The Adventures of Sinbad, among other shows.
Bret Hart also had an autobiography titled Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling released in 2007.
Here are some of the career highlights of Bret Hart.
- Sky Sports once mentioned that his legacy is “one of, if not the greatest, to have ever graced the square circle“.
- Many other wrestlers, including Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Ted DiBiase, Kurt Angle and Triple-H looked up to Bret Hart as a wrestler, and was the inspiration to many.
- He has been featured many times by PWI magazine, including for Match of the Year three times, Feud of the Year twice and Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year in 1994, among other accolades.
- Hart has won so many championships, including the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, the WWE United States Championship, the WWF Championship and so on.
Interesting Facts about Bret Hart
- Hart is half American as his mother was from the States although he was born in Canada. He holds two citizenships.
- Hart was interested in becoming a film producer or a cartoonist, as his interest wasn’t in wrestling. He simply followed the family business back then.
- Bret Hart competed in 12 consecutive WrestleManias, but the record has been broken by The Undertaker.
- During the Montreal Screwjob, he knocked out Vince McMahon, which was not scripted.
- Hart had a real living bear in his family mansion.
What contributed to Hart’s net worth
Bret Hart’s net worth can mainly be attributed to his success in the wrestling industry, especially with WWF/E and WCW.
He has also appeared in both movies and television throughout the years.
As of 2020, Bret Hart is estimated to be worth $7 million.
Source: Wikipedia, Celebrity Net Worth