Billy Boyd is a Scottish actor and musician who is best known for his role of Pippin in The Lord of the Rings.
Today, he has an estimated net worth of $6 million.
Billy Boyd Net Worth
|NET WORTH:||$6 MILLION|
|AGE:||52 (28 AUGUST 1968)|
|SOURCE OF WEALTH:||MOVIES, TELEVISION|
Billy Boyd was born on the 28th of August 1968 in Glasgow, Scotland. He initially worked as a bookbinder for around six years but left to pursue acting instead.
He later attended the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, and joined the St. Andrews Repertory and the Traverse Theatre.
Billy started his acting career with the TV show Taggart in 1996. He continued to get roles in The Soldier’s Leap and Urban Ghost Story.
His big role came in 2001 when he joined Peter Jackson’s The Lord of the Rings – The Fellowship of the Ring. He reprised his role in the sequels of this trilogy – The Two Towers and The Return of the King. During the movies, he acted alongside Elijah Wood, Ian McKellen, Miranda Otto and many others.
In 2004, Billy Boyd acted in the movie Seed of Chucky alongside Jennifer Tilly. He also did stage performances including The Ballad of Crazy Paola and San Diego.
Apart from acting, he is also a musician. Billy is in the band Beecake alongside Paul Burke, Rick Martin and Billy Johnston.
Here are some of the highlights of his career.
- Billy has received several award nominations over the years including at the Empire Awards and SAG Awards.
- He also won a few awards including Outstanding Performance by the Cast of a Theatrical Motion Picture at the SAG Awards.
- Billy remains close to Dominic Monaghan, his fellow actor from The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- He loves surfing and spent his free time surfing in New Zealand when they were making The Lord of the Rings.
- He is married to Alison McKinnon and their wedding were attended by castmates Elijah Wood and Dominic Monaghan.
What contributed to Billy Boyd’s wealth
Billy Boyd’s wealth can be attributed to his success in his movies especially Lord of the Rings.