Ashton Kutcher is an American actor, venture capitalist, producer and entrepreneur. He is best known for acting in That ’70s Show, Two and a Half Men and Dude, Where’s My Car?.
Today, he has an estimated net worth of $200 million.
Ashton Kutcher’s Net Worth
|NET WORTH:||$200 MILLION|
|AGE:||42 (7 FEBRUARY 1978)|
|PROFESSION:||ACTOR, PRODUCER, ENTREPRENEUR|
|SOURCE OF WEALTH:||MOVIES, TELEVISION, INVESTMENTS|
Ashton Kutcher was born on the 7th of February 1978 in Iowa. His father was a factory worker and his mother was a Procter & Gamble employee. He is of German, Czech and Irish descent.
Ashton attended the Washington High School and when his family moved to Homestead, he schooled at the Clear Creek Amana High School instead. During his senior year, he was convicted of burglary and was sentenced to a few years of probation.
In 1996, he joined the University of Iowa and planned to major in biochemical engineering, but eventually went towards modeling.
Ashton Kutcher’s career began with modeling as he signed with the agency named Next. He appeared in Calvin Klein commercials, among others.
He then went into acting and his first audition led to his role as Michael Kelso in That ’70s Show, one which he is now known for. He acted alongside Mila Kunis, Topher Grace, Danny Masterson, Laura Prepon and Wilder Valderrama. The show lasted for over 8 years.
Ashton then got roles in movies like Just Married (with Brittany Murphy), Dude, Where’s My Car? (with Seann William Scott), Guess Who, Cheaper By The Dozen (with Steve Martin and Hilary Duff) and The Butterfly Effect. He also hosted his own series Punk’d, and was the executive producer of shows like The Real Wedding Crashers and Beauty and the Geek.
In 2011, he replaced Charlie Sheen in Two and a Half Men and was reportedly earning about $20 million per year on the show. After leaving the show, he made sporadic appearances on other shows as he focused on his business ventures instead.
Ashton is now known for big investments. He invested in startups like Lemonade, ResearchGate and Neighborly, among others. He is also the co-founder of venture capital firm A-Grade Investments, together with Guy Oseary, Ron Burkle and Chris Hollod. Lately, he invested in the Veldskoen shoes business with other partners.
Here are some of the highlights of his career.
- He has received many award nominations over the years including at the SAG Awards, Teen Choice Awards and People’s Choice Awards.
- Ashton has also won several awards including Choice TV Actor: Comedy at the Teen Choice Awards and Ensemble of the Year at the Hollywood Film Awards.
- He is now one of the richer actors in Hollywood who’s actively earning through business investments among other things.
- Although he’s known as Ashton now, as a kid, he was known as Chris. He dropped his name to pursue acting and modeling.
- He married his co-star Mila Kunis from That ’70s Show.
- He tried to diet the way Steve Jobs’ did to prepare for his role in the movie Jobs (2013), but ended up hospitalized.
- Ashton’s venture capital company has invested in big companies like Uber, Spotify, SoundCloud and Airbnb.
What contributed to Ashton Kutcher’s wealth
Ashton Kutcher’s wealth can be attributed to many sources including his roles on television and movies, and also his business investments. His biggest paycheck from television is probably from Two and a Half Men.