Aidan Gillen is an Irish actor who is known for his roles of Petyr Baelish in Game of Thrones and Aberama Gold in Peaky Blinders.
Today, he is estimated to be worth around $8 million.
Aidan Gillen Net Worth
|NET WORTH:||$8 MILLION|
|AGE:||52 (24 APRIL 1968)|
|SOURCE OF WEALTH:||MOVIES, TELEVISION|
Aidan Gillen was born on the 24th of April 1968 in Drumcondra, Dublin. He schooled at the St. Vincent’s C.B.S. and started his acting career early, with the Dublin Youth Theatre.
One of his earliest appearances on TV was with his role as Stuart in Channel 4’s Queer as Folk and the sequel to it. He also acted in the play The Caretaker on Broadway.
In 2004, he was then cast in the HBO series The Wire which lasted a couple of years. Aidan then acted as the villain in the movie 12 Rounds (starring John Cena). He also acted in BBC2’s Freefall (with Alfie Allen) before acting in the drama Thorne.
His next big role came in 2011 when he played Petyr Baelish / Littlefinger in Game of Thrones, one of the biggest shows in history. He acted alongside Kit Harington, Sophie Turner, Richard Madden, Maisie Williams, Nathalie Emmanuel and so on.
Aidan also appeared in other movies and television shows like Wake Wood, Love/Hate, Blitz, The Dark Knight Rises (with Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy and Michael Caine), Shadow Dancer and Mayday.
His next big Hollywood film was with Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials as the villain and he continued his role in the last film – The Death Cure. Aidan Gillen acted alongside Dylan O’Brien, Kaya, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, Ki Hong Lee and Will Poulter.
Since then, he has acted in Bohemian Rhapsody and The History Channel’s Project Blue Book.
Here are some of the highlights of his career.
- Aidan has acted in many big movies and TV shows over the years including Shanghai Knights, Maze Runner, The Dark Knight Rises, Game of Thrones and Peaky Blinders.
- He has received many award nominations including at the Tony Awards, British Academy Television Awards, Empire Awards and SAG Awards.
- He won several of them including Empire Hero Awards at the Empire Awards and Best British Newcomer at the Edinburgh International Film Festival.
- Aidan not only acts in movies and television, but he has done so many stage performances over the years.
- After his separation with Olivia in 2014, he has since found another partner, Camille O’Sullivan.
- He voiced the character Paul Serene in the game Quantum Break.
What contributed to Aidan Gillen’s wealth
Aidan Gillen’s wealth can be attributed to his success on both movies and television over the years, especially since he has acted in quite a number of popular movies and TV shows.