21 Savage is a British songwriter, rapper and also record producer that has gained a lot of attention recently. He even won an award for Best Rap Song in the 2020 Grammy Awards.
He is believed to have a net worth of $12 million in 2020.
|NET WORTH:||$12 MILLION|
|DATE OF BIRTH:||22 OCTOBER 1992|
|PROFESSION:||RAPPER, SONGWRITER AND RECORD PRODUCER|
|SOURCE OF WEALTH:||MUSIC|
21 Savage’s real name is Sheyaa Bin Abraham and he’s actually not American. He was born in Plaistow, London to parents Heather (Dominican descent) and Kevin Cornelius (Haitian descent).
He also has twin sisters who are both dance choreographers.
21 Savage’s parents separated when he was still young, and when his mom moved to Atlanta, he followed her. He was only 7 at the time.
Since 2005, he has been living in the United States, but it was only recently that he was found to have overextended the visa.
21 Savage has had a rough childhood with his friend dying in a shootout when he turned 21. He began rapping after that and his uncle initially subsidized for his studio time.
The public was made aware of him sometime in 2015 when his debut mixtape The Slaughter Tape gained traction.
He released a joint EP Savage Mode with Metro Boomin, a record producer in Atlanta. It became popular internationally and peaked at no.23 on the Billboard 200.
21 Savage later released his debut album Issa Album in 2017, and it debuted at no.2 on the US Billboard 200. His single Bank Account also appeared in the Billboard Hot 100, and peaked at no.12.
This rapper was also featured in Post Malone’s song Rockstar and it peaked at the top of the Billboard Hot 100, breaking multiple records. It was also the first time he experienced a number 1 song on the Billboard Hot 100.
Later in 2018, Savage released his latest album named I Am > I Was and it had plenty of collaborations. The featured artists included Post Malone, Travis Scott and even Childish Gambino, among others.
The album debuted at no.1 on the US Billboard 200, making it Savage’s first no.1 album. The most popular song A Lot featuring J.Cole peaked at no.12 on the Billboard 100.
There are plenty of highlights in 21 Savage’s life but here are a few of them.
- He has been nominated in many awards since 2017, including Billboard Music Awards, American Music Awards and the Grammy Awards.
- He even won the Best Rap Song for the song “A Lot”.
- Savage’s collaboration with Post Malone in Rockstar also won the Top Rap Song in the Billboard Music Awards as well as Song of the Year for MTV Video Music Awards.
Interesting Facts on 21 Savage
Below are some interesting facts on this rapper and songwriter.
- 21 Savage was shot 6 times during his 21st birthday. He survived the bloodbath but his friend didn’t, and he moved to rap ever since.
- Drake apparently bought Savage a new Ferrari on his 24th birthday.
- He is actually British despite most people thinking he was from Atlanta, Georgia.
- Savage went to juvenile after being kicked out of school for using a gun to threaten another student.
- 21 Savage became known because of his mixtape ‘Slaughter Tape‘ that he released in 2015.
- He only took a couple of years to land the Best Rap Song award in the 2020 Grammy Awards.
And there you have it. 21 Savage’s achievements in a short time is probably reason why he has an estimated net worth of $12 million.
Source: Wikipedia, Celebrity Net Worth