Hey guys, we’re looking for guest writers on Ordinary Reviews. By we, I mean me.
I haven’t had a new guest post for awhile now so I’m hoping to get a few new ones soon.
If you’re interested, read on!
Why am I looking for guest writers?
- I need a break sometimes. Constantly publishing posts at least 3 times a week on fixed days is tiring. It’s hard to keep the consistency especially when you don’t feel you’re rewarded for it. I don’t expect to make much blogging but definitely more than what I’m making now, i.e. if I wish to continue full-time blogging. It’s even harder since I left the legal profession for awhile now, and I worked so hard to get into it. I hope jumping into a full-time blogging profession wasn’t a mistake.
- Fresh ideas. You know what they say, having more brains in a room will result in better ideas. Sometimes guest writers can think of topics I’ve never thought about before, even in the same niche. It’s great to have fresh ideas once in awhile.
- I hope to grow this blog to something more than a personal blog. The reason I picked a name like Ordinary Reviews rather than use my own name is because of my long-term goal. I wanted to build a blog that would succeed as a brand name, rather than to gain recognition for myself. Having guest writers was always one of my goals.
What do you get in return?
- Unfortunately, I can’t afford to pay for guest posts right now. I do allow you to insert your do-follow links back to your own blog, provided your website is not a spammy one. For instance, no casino links and so on.
- I’ll promote your article to my email subscribers. Currently I have about 450 email subscribers. Thanks for subscribing guys!
- If the article is written well, I’ll promote it on Pinterest as well.
- I’m constantly trying to improve my blog in terms of DA and PA. Hence, a backlink from this blog may prove to be valuable in the future.
- I get at least 10,000 monthly views currently, so you should get some exposure.
Requirements to submit a guest post
I do have a page on guest posting but I’ll provide the minimum requirements here.
1. The niche of the guest post has to be on any of the following:
- Making money
- Social media
- Product reviews (preferably gender neutral products)
- Reviews of websites (e.g. freelance platforms)
2. The minimum length of an article should be 800 words. The longer the better (for SEO purposes).
3. Although I prefer longer articles, there shouldn’t be fluff (fillers).
4. No plagiarism or spun articles.
5. Please submit the article via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The article should be in a Word file.
6. Don’t write on a topic that has already been published on this blog. To check if it has been written before, just Google [the topic] + the phrase [Ordinaryreviews].
7. If you intend to submit images, you can insert them directly in the Word file or you can submit the images separately on a zipped file. Please ensure that the images are small in size to prevent loading delays.
8. If you don’t hear from me within 2 weeks, it’s likely to be rejected. I do appreciate all submissions though.
Do submit your articles!
Now that I’ve laid down the minimum requirements, why I’m looking for writers and what you’ll get in return, I hope you guys would submit your articles!
Again, thanks for reading and for subscribing to my blog!